Thursday, May 19, 2011

Schoessen

I have visited many castles with my aunt and uncle. They are much quainter than the sometimes frightening facades of the Palais Royale or Versailles. And much less crowded inside, which is lovely not having to battle crowds while trying to get a sense of a certain history.
The water near the castles, whether just a river or the Thunersee are so clear you can see right to the bottom. I don't know if I have seen clearer water anywhere else. And Lake Thun is a glorious greenish-blue--very cold as it is run-off from the mountains but very clean and fresh.



The Turkish smoking salon at the top of the Schloessen Oberenhof



The colors of the Canton Bern are gold and that beautiful Swiss red--just like the House of Gryffindor! I knew there was a reason I liked Harry Potter so much.




















No comments:

Post a Comment