Sunday, May 15, 2011

Paris I


I am in Switzerland and finally have time to post some photographs...they are a bit out of order as I am trying to figure out how to do this blog but hope you enjoy them. I was only in Paris for three full days but the Colons took me so many fabulous places and I had time to explore a bit on my own. It was so wonderful staying with them for their last few days in Paris and they graciously made me at home. I arrived with little sleep from the plane ride but with plenty of excitement to get me through the next few days with little jetlag. I had a Pain au Chocolat in the Place des Vosges shortly after I arrived--one of the places I always remembered from my first trip to Paris. And the next day we went to Musee d'Orsay, the other place that I remembered most vividly. The Colons had been there twice already but wanted to return for the Manet exhibition. I always remembered the place for its visceral lighting, the way it carefully, softly illuminates the museum as though you can feel each particle of light.


We also went up the Notre Dame, visited the Shakespeare bookstore, enjoyed some famous Berthilion ice cream, spent time in the Luxembourg Gardens and the Tuilleries, saw the Eiffel Tower twinkle at night, and spent our last day in Montmartre by the Sacre Coeur.


















No comments:

Post a Comment